Apple has just released another update for iOS 12. With the latest iOS update — iOS 12.1.3, Apple has fixed a number of bug fixes and added some security enhancements.
Along with iOS 12.1.3 update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, Apple has also released MacOS Mojave 10.14.3, watchOS 5.1.3, tvOS 12.1.2, and an update for HomePod.
Blogging Tip: Struggling with a slow blog? Switch to Dreamhost - a powerful and affordable web host. Plans start at just $2.59/month.
iOS 12.1.3 Changelog
- Fixes an issue in Messages that could impact scrolling through photos in the Details
- Addresses an issue where photos could have striped artifacts after being sent from the Share Sheet.
- Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion when using external audio input devices on iPad Pro (2018).
- Resolves an issue that could cause certain CarPlay systems to disconnect from iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.
This release also includes bug fixes for HomePod. This update:
- Fixes an issue that could cause HomePod to restart
- Addresses an issue that could cause Siri to stop listening
How to Update to iOS 12.1.3?
As usual, you can update your iOS device to iOS 12.1.3 using Over the Air (OTA) update directly from settings or use the stock iOS file (IPSW file) to completely erase and update
OTA is the easiest and quickest way to update your device to the latest iOS version. Just connect your iOS device to a power outlet and WiFi, go to Settings > General > Software Update and tap Download and Install. Your device should be updated after a reboot.
Using IPSW file to update your device requires more time and efforts. If you don’t know how to update your compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using an IPSW file, refer to this article.
If you choose to update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using an IPSW file, you can download iOS 12.1.3 IPSW from the direct download links given below.
Download iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s GSM
- iPhone 5s CDMA
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (11-inch – 2018)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) – 1st generation
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) – 2nd generation
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) – 3rd generation
- iPad 5 (9.7-inch – 2017)
- iPad 6 (9.7-inch – 2018)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Air 1
- iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)