Microsoft has released new updates for Windows 10. The latest Windows 10 cumulative update KB3147458 is aimed towards fixing bugs and bringing improvements. No new features have been introduced with this update. Cumulative update KB3147458 brings Windows 10 to build 10586.128.
As usual, the latest update for Windows 10 should be downloaded automatically on your device. You can also check for updates manually by navigating to Settings > Update and security > Windows updates and clicking Check for updates. A restart is required to install cumulative update KB3147458.
As this update is cumulative, only new patches will be downloaded on your device if it has previous updates installed. The update is listed as Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3147458) and Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3147458) on 64-bit and 32-bit machines respectively.
The latest Windows 10 update brings the following bug fixes and improvements.
Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3147458 Changelog
Improved reliability for Internet Explorer 11, .NET Framework, wireless LAN, Microsoft Edge, Windows Update, logon, Bluetooth, network connectivity, map apps, video playback, Cortana, USB, Windows Explorer, and Narrator.
Fixed issue with connectivity of USB devices until OS restart.
Improved discoverability of printers when a device resumes from sleep.
Fixed issues with lock screen.
Support for visual voicemail on dual SIM phones.
Fixed issue with audio playback using Groove music and other music apps on a phone.
Fixed issue with revised daylight savings time.
Fixed additional issues with shutdown delays, Narrator, Cortana, roaming data usage, buying apps in the Store, video playback, facial recognition, Bluetooth pairing, Microsoft Edge, logon, Internet Explorer 11, Live Tile updates, .NET Framework, and Microsoft Installer (MSI).
Improved security for CSRSS to address security feature bypass.
Fixed additional security issues with Security Account Manager Remote Protocol, HTTP.sys, secondary logon, Microsoft Graphics component, .NET Framework, CSRSS, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 11.
Apart from these changes, cumulative update KB3147458 also fixes a number of security vulnerabilities as described below.
Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3147458: Patched Vulnerabilities
- 3148531 MS16-037: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
- 3148532 MS16-038: Cumulative Security Update for Microsoft Edge: May 10, 2016
- 3148522 MS16-039: Security Update for Microsoft Graphics Component to Address Remote Code Execution
- 3148541 MS16-040: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Service to Address Remote Code Execution
- 3148789 MS16-041: Security update for the .NET Framework to address remote code execution: April 12, 2016
- 3148538 MS16-046: Security Update for Secondary Logon to Address Elevation of Privilege
- 3148527 MS16-047: Security Update for Security Account Manager Remote Protocol to Address Elevation of Privilege
- 3148528 MS16-048: Security Update for CSRSS to Address Remote Code Execution
- 3148795 MS16-049: Security Update for Internet Information Services (IIS) to Address Denial of Service
Did you receive cumulative update KB3147458? Are you facing any issues with the latest Windows 10 build 10586.128? Let us know in comments.